With roots in Canada, after 20 years of travel and study with respected teachers and a decade in the role of teacher, Jana Roemer’s home is in Venice, CA where she leads classes and new moon circles at Love Yoga Space. Jana has run over a dozen 200 hour yoga teacher trainings, a 300 hour YTT, multiple Yoga Nidra trainings and retreats all over the globe. You can find her on Insight Timer, Elephant Journal, the Revealing the Diamond podcast and have been written up about on Well + Good about Yoga Nidra, New Moon Circles and breath to relieve stress. My website has all current trainings, retreats, public classes and monthly online Astro Nidras!
Here are a few of the big topics we talked about:
- Kelly introduces Jana Roemer.
- Jana explains what a midwife of awakening is.
- We experience many rebirths throughout our lives.
- We resist change and transformation because we think it is a bad thing. Jana teaches us otherwise.
- Yoga Nidra is the practice of surrender.
- The altered state of Yoga Nidra.
- Jana describes what occurs when your body is in alpha or theta.
- By changing our subconscious patterns we can change our reactions to real-life things.
- When doing Yoga Nidra it doesn’t actually matter if you fall asleep, because you’re working with the subconscious.
- Yoga Nidra changes over time like meditation does.
- Why lying down in Yoga Nidra allows you to surrender and gain access to all the of the information of your subconscious.
- The fast track to awakening.
- The Five bodies
- Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach
- Insight Timer App
- Jana’s Offerings
- Jana's free gift of her Aries Season 2018 Yoga Nidra
- Jana shares what her Inner Voice is asking of her.
In Jana’s Voice:
“I gave birth to my son. In the process of doing that I gave birth to myself all over again.”
“Any right of passage is a rebirth.”
“I think we have to look at our own transformation with a willingness to feel whatever is coming up in the moment that it's coming up.”
“Emotions are just cleansing mechanisms so that you can come through to something more blissful.”
“By creating these patterns through this surrendered state then in your waking life all of a sudden your endocrine system is taking over and before you have a chance to think about it and be resentful and let your ego get in the way and create a story, you're already getting fed a cocktail of chemicals that says, "Just forgive them.”
“When you're surrendering or when you lay down for yoga nidra, you're actually learning how to gain access to all of that additional information or to go in and mine information from the storage house that you're collecting in.”
“When you spend time laying down in the practice of yoga nidra you're not doing nothing actually. You're waking up to an infinite knowing.”
“That's where you meet yourself in the practice because everything else is just a layer of illusion or distraction away from that pure consciousness. That's bliss.”
Connect with Jana: